Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gold Tipped Feathers



I've been so inspired by all of these pretty gold tipped feathers floating around Pinterest, that I decided to make some myself... 


They are so simple to make! I made a bunch of them in under an hour. How much do you love a craft that stays within that time frame with active children running around? Yes please!

All you need to make them are: white turkey feathers (found at Michaels), Gold glitter (Martha Stewart Gold Florentine Fine Glitter also found at Michaels) and Gold Metallic craft paint (Plaid Craft paint Found at JoAnn Fabrics)



I painted the tips with the gold paint and sprinkled glitter over the wet paint. This is something your kids could totally help you with. My daughter is a great glitter sprinkler. ;) 

I then attached the dried feathers to a piece of jute string and hung them up above my faux chalkboard picture frames. I thought it added a nice touch... :)


P.S. The faux picture frames are an awesome option for you renters who don't want to make any permanent holes in the walls. Plus your kids will love changing up the pictures by adding some of their own artwork. 

I made them by painting some cheap Walmart card stock paper with chalkboard paint and adding frames by tracing them onto brown wrapping paper. I just love chalkboard paint, don't you?


Happy Crafting!

Love, Sierra 


1 comment:

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Love this so much… I am pinning!

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every comment I receive! Thank you for the blog love! :) You are a sweetie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...