It may be a little early for a Christmas tutorial but I'm feeling a little Christmasy today so...
I thought I would share with you how to make these easy handmade Christmas ornaments...
First things first! You will need some clear bulbs! I think these plastic ones I found at AC Moore are just perfect! You can find them at just about any craft store. I love that no matter how hard you throw them, (I know from toddler experience) they will not break! How cool is that?! :)
The Snow Globe Ornament
To make this fun snow globe ornament you will need:
*A pair of tweezers
*Tiny bottle brush trees- you can find these in the Christmas section or dollhouse section at your local craft store
*Faux glitter snow
*A hot glue gun
1. Add some hot glue onto the bottom of your tiny tree.
2. Using your tweezers, (and working very quickly) grip tightly at the tip of your tree and stick it through the top mouth part of the ornament- it may take a few tries and thats ok! If you are still having trouble trying to fit your tree through the hole, wet it a little and the bristles will soften so that it will slide through easier.
3. Stick your tree in place at the bottom of the ornament.
4. Spoon in the faux snow to cover the bottom of the trees and you are finished!
See, that was easy peasy right?!
The Vintage Sheet Music Ornament
To make the vintage sheet music ornament you will need:
*Vintage sheet music (I bought mine off of ebay) but you can also print sheet music off online
1. Take a deep breath...because you are about to cut up very old sheet music (if you are OCD like me, this step will be hard but rewarding ;) ) I cut mine into thin 1/2 inch strips
2. Feed your strips of sheet music through the mouth of the bulb until you cannot possibly stuff anymore in and then your...
And last but not least...
The Spool and Clothespin Ornament
Ok, this ornament is the easiest of them all...see how I just saved the easiest for last for you? ;)
To make this ornament, you will need:
*Mini wooden spools
I think its safe to say you probably have this one all figured out but the instructions are as follows:
1. Wrap your bakers twine around your wooden spools.
2. Throw those babies right in your bulb!
I threw some mini clothespins in there too! The more you add, the cooler the effect! :)
And there you have it! 3 easy ornaments that make the perfect Christmas tree decoration. :)
This tutorial was originally featured on Que Linda
You can also visit me over at Ucreate today where I'm sharing the how to on these lace socks!